Frontend Engineer (React)
Location: Remote (Ireland/UK) / Waterford, Ireland
Firm: Pluto Digital
About Pluto Digital
Pluto Digital is a leader in Decentralised Finance (DeFi) staking and yield farming software platforms, applications and services. Our mission is to make the world of Crypto and Decentralised Finance (DeFi) more accessible to mainstream investors and consumers. We are building world class products with exceptional user experience and are looking for bright, talented, enthusiastic developers to help make this mission a reality. We highly value an entrepreneurial mindset and a determination that any problem can be solved no matter how complex or challenging the issue.
As an early member of the team, you’ll have a large stake in shaping the technical direction of the company and help to influence the strategy and product execution. Additionally, you’ll get exposure to the top crypto projects which will give you a great entry point into the crypto-native world of Web3.
Previous development experience in the areas of Crypto & DeFi is an advantage but is not essential. We are looking for engineers who are passionate about Web3, learning, and of course the revolutionary future of DeFi. This person would also love to become a foundational member of our team at this very early stage and work with an innovative, invigorating and fast paced company.
Our tech stack includes
- React, GraphQL, Ethers.js, Next.js , Typescript, Cypress, Storybook
- Develop responsive mobile first applications using React.
- Implement high quality, reusable UI components.
- Build applications to an exceptional standard of usability from design mocks.
- Connect frontend applications to traditional backend APIs and Ethereum-based smart contracts.
- Help establish standard practices and methodologies for frontend engineering in our team.
- Ensure code quality and software reliability through automated test implementations, UI/UX testing, and processes.
- Be willing to learn by diving into the Web3 world
- Experience integrating with REST API’s.
- Working knowledge of Git and GitHub.
- Experience writing unit, integration & performance tests.
- Attention to detail and a passion for software design.
- English fluency with strong technical communication skills (written and verbal).
Nice to have
- TypeScript or GraphQL experience.
- Experience working with agile methodologies.
- Existing contributions to open-source software products.
- Endlessly curious, wants to learn new decentralized development technologies as they emerge.
- Studies in Computer Science, Engineering or related subjects at university level.
- A general knowledge of DeFi protocols.
- Knowledge of Ethereum & Web3 development frameworks like Web3.js or Ethers.js.
- Experience with blockchain technologies, especially within the field of cryptocurrency.
- Work at the cutting edge of DeFi and crypto.
- Work on a small, passionate team in an exciting and fast-paced start up culture.
- Opportunity to drive innovation and strategy.
- Work with a company on a mission to have a positive impact.
- An entrepreneurial opportunity where you can have oversized impacts.
- Base Salary Commensurate with Experience.
- Discretionary Bonus.
- Tokens (Crypto currency).
Please email your CV and to firstname.lastname@example.org