Node.js Back End Developer
Location: Waterford, Ireland / Remote
Firm: Pluto Digital
About Pluto Digital
Pluto Digital is a leader in Decentralised Finance (DeFi) staking and yield farming software platforms, applications and services. Our mission is to make the world of Crypto and Decentralised Finance (DeFi) more accessible to mainstream investors and consumers. We are building world class products with exceptional user experience and are looking for bright, talented, enthusiastic developers to help make this mission a reality. We highly value an entrepreneurial mindset and a determination that any problem can be solved no matter how complex or challenging the issue.
As an early member of the team, you’ll have a large stake in shaping the technical direction of the company, in hiring and scaling the team and in helping to influence strategy and product execution. Additionally, you’ll get exposure to the top crypto projects which will give you a great entry point into the crypto-native world of Web3.
Previous development experience in the areas of Crypto & DeFi is a huge advantage but is not absolutely essential. We are looking for engineers who are passionate about the revolutionary future of DeFi and want to become foundational members of our team at this very early stage and work with an innovative, invigorating and fast paced company.
Our tech stack includes
- Node.js, React.js, GraphQL, Solidity, Truffle, Hardhat, Web3.js, Ethers.js
- Develop and maintain all server side components including APIs, database & blockchain connectivity and internal modules.
- Implement high quality, reusable node.js modules & services.
- Collaborate with front-end developers on the integration of UI elements with backend APIs.
- Ensure code quality and software reliability through automated test implementations, CI/CD Pipelines, and automated deployment processes.
- Research, define, design, implement and ship improvements and new features.
- Help shape the engineering team by assisting with engineering recruitment and onboarding new hires.
- Help implement connectors to new DeFi protocols or new blockchains.
- 5+ years of experience delivering high quality Node.js code.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Experience with unit, integration & performance tests, CI/CD Pipelines & automated deployment.
- Working knowledge of Git and GitHub.
- Attention to detail and a passion for software design & development.
- English fluency with strong technical communication skills (written and verbal).
Nice to have
- 3+ years of studies in Computer Science, Engineering or related subjects at university level.
- Experience working with agile methodologies.
- Existing contributions to open-source software products.
- Endlessly curious, wants to learn new decentralized development technologies as they emerge.
- A general knowledge of DeFi protocols. Have used several DeFi products (Uniswap, Compound, etc).
- Knowledge of Ethereum & Web3 development frameworks like Web3.js or Ethers.js.
- Experience with blockchain technologies, especially within the field of cryptocurrency.
- Work at the cutting edge of DeFi and crypto.
- Work on a small, passionate team in an exciting and fast-paced start up culture.
- Opportunity to drive innovation and strategy.
- Work with a company on a mission to have a positive impact.
- An entrepreneurial opportunity where you can have oversized impacts.
- Base Salary Commensurate with Experience.
- Discretionary Bonus.
- Share Options.
Please email your CV and to email@example.com