Senior Full Stack Developer
Location: Waterford, Ireland / Remote
Firm: Pluto Digital
About Pluto Digital
Pluto Digital is a leader in Decentralised Finance (DeFi) staking and yield farming software platforms, applications and services. Our mission is to make the world of Crypto and Decentralised Finance (DeFi) more accessible to mainstream investors and consumers. We are building world class products with exceptional user experience and are looking for bright, talented, enthusiastic developers to help make this mission a reality. We highly value an entrepreneurial mindset and a determination that any problem can be solved no matter how complex or challenging the issue.
As an early member of the team, you’ll have a large stake in shaping the technical direction of the company, in hiring and scaling the team and in helping to influence strategy and product execution. Additionally, you’ll get exposure to the top crypto projects which will give you a great entry point into the crypto-native world of Web3.
Previous development experience in the areas of Crypto & DeFi is a huge advantage but is not absolutely essential. We are looking for engineers who are passionate about the revolutionary future of DeFi and want to become foundational members of our team at this very early stage and work with an innovative, invigorating and fast paced company.
Our tech stack includes
- Node.js, React.js, GraphQL, Solidity, Truffle, Hardhat, Web3.js, Ethers.js
- Work in close collaboration with the CTO and engineering team on product scoping, requirements, architecture and design.
- Manage the complete software development process from conception to deployment.
- Design, develop, modify, implement, and support software components anywhere in the software stack.
- Help shape the engineering team by assisting with engineering recruitment and onboarding new hires.
- Define and set good engineering and quality assurance processes.
- Help implement connectors to new DeFi protocols or new blockchains.
- Help design and build new smart contracts.
- 8+ years of experience in software development & architecture.
- Familiar with most elements of our Tech Stack – in particular Node.js & React.js.
- Can quickly learn how to work with new technologies, tools and services.
- Ability to visualize a proposed system and be able to build it.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and successfully drive projects to production.
- English fluency with strong technical communication skills (written and verbal).
Nice to have
- 3+ years of studies in Computer Science, Engineering or related subjects at university level.
- Experience working with agile methodologies.
- Existing contributions to open-source software products.
- A general knowledge of DeFi protocols. Have used several DeFi products (Uniswap, Compound, etc).
- Knowledge of Ethereum & Web3 development frameworks like Web3.js or Ethers.js.
- Experience with blockchain technologies, especially within the field of cryptocurrency.
- Experience designing and implementing fault-tolerant, gracefully degrading micro-service architecture.
- Work at the cutting edge of DeFi and crypto.
- Work on a small, passionate team in an exciting and fast-paced start up culture.
- Opportunity to drive innovation and strategy.
- Work with a company on a mission to have a positive impact.
- An entrepreneurial opportunity where you can have oversized impacts.
- Base Salary Commensurate with Experience.
- Discretionary Bonus.
- Share Options.
Please email your CV and to firstname.lastname@example.org